Hi friends, here we are going to build a small engineering project based on LabVIEW and Arduino. In this project we are making Temperature controller using Arduino and LabVIEW. We will operate a cooling fan when the temperature goes above set point.
Before you start this project make sure that you have installed LabVIEW Interface For Arduino (LIFA) on your system. If not follow this article for installing LIFA: How to Interface Arduino with LabVIEW
- Arduino Uno (or Freeduino)
- 10K ohm resistor
- Thermistor (Click here to buy)
- RGB LED (or separate LEDS can also be used)
- DC fan (5V)
In this temperature controller project, we will use thermistor for measuring the temperature of liquid or any other material. We are using three LEDs to indicate temperature range. Red LED is used to indicate the temperature is above set opint. Blue LED will indicate temperature lies between upper and lower set point. Green LED will indicate temperature below set point.
When the RED LED glows the cooling fan will turned on. Due to cool air (or you can also use cooler water pump with relay circuitry) your object (liquid) will get cooled. When the temperature falls down DC cooling fan will get turned off.
Construction of Temperature Controller Project:
- Connect thermistor and Resistor with the analog port of Arduino as shown in first image.
- Now connect three LEDs with positive terminals of each led to pin number 8,9 and 10. Connect negative terminal of LED with common (ground of arduino).
- Now depends on your application i.e. if you are using small 5V dc fan you can connect it directly with the Arduino (pin number 3 and ground) using motor driver IC L293D (In figure we have connected motor directly but it should be not so. You should use motor driver IC). If you are using 230V AC appliance you need a relay circuit. You can buy it from here.
Download LabVIEW Program: Click Here
You may like these articles:
- How To Save LabVIEW Program In Image Format
- LabVIEW Program For Degree Celsius To Fahrenheit Conversion
Hope your Temperature controller project is working fine. If you have any doubts feel free to ask in comments. If you liked this article please share it with your friends and like our facebook page for future projects.