Today we are going to make a simple mini-project using 8051 microcontroller. A digital thermometer using 8051 microcontroller. A thermometer is a device that measures temperature or temperature gradient using a variety of different principles. Let us see how to make Digital Thermometer using 8051 microcontroller.
Digital Thermometer using 8051 Microconroller
- 8051 microcontroller (like AT89c51, 89C51RD2, etc.)
- LM35 temperature sensor
- Resistors, Potentiometer, etc.
Working of Digital Thermometer:
The output of digital thermometer is in Celsius scale. To display the output i.e. the temperature we have used a 16*2 LCD display. LM 35 is temperature sensor IC which is used to sense the temperature. Normally LM35 generates a 10mV change in output voltage per degree celsius change in temperature. This temperature is then converted into Celcius scale using analog to digital converter i.e. ADC0804.
LM 35 Temperature sensor:
Specifications of LM 35 temperature sensor IC are as follows:
- Accuracy of LM35 is +-0.5 degree celsius.
- Its temperature range is from -55 to 150 degree celsius.
- Sensor gain = 10 (mV/Deg C)
- Output impedance = 0.4 Ohm
- Supply Voltage (Min) = 4V
- Supply voltage (Max) = 30V
Applications of Digital Thermometer:
- Thermometers are used in a wide variety of scientific and engineering applications, especially measurement systems.
- Digital thermometers can be used in roadways in cold weather climates to check if icing condition exists or not.
You may also like:
- Mobile Incoming Call Indicator (Mini-Project)
- Water Level Indicator Alarm Circuit (Mini-Project) using IC ne 555 timer IC
- Air Flow Detector Circuit (Mini-Project)
- Street Light Controller using LDR (Mini-Project)
- Simple buzzer interface to microcontroller
- How to make DTMF decoder MINI-PROJECT
I hope you like this Digital Thermometer Mini Project. Please subscribe to our newsletter and like our facebook page for future updates. Have a nice day!