Whatever built in security functions available in smart phone, pattern lock is one of widely used security feature. The top most layer of smart phone security is its pattern lock. Many of us keep complex pattern lock for security purpose. But what will you do if you lost or forgot your pattern lock? How you will reset forgotten pattern lock or pin lock??
There are two commonly used methods like 1) using your google account and 2) factory resetting your mobile. We will see these methods for pattern unlocking or pin recovering. But there is one more easy method which will keep your data from formatting. Yes it is possible to open your mobile without losing your data. This method uses an android file manager which is known as AROMA file manager.
First we will see those two methods which are pretty easy and fast.
Method 1: Using your Google account to reset your mobile:
If you forgot your pattern or pin lock then this method is widely used to unlock your mobile. If you fail to enter correct pattern lock or pin lock several times you will see a “forgot password” option. When you click on this option it will ask you your google username (id) and password. When you enter correct google username and password a normal screen will appear and you can change your forgotten pattern lock or pin.
Method 2: Factory reset your mobile (formatting):
In the last method we have used mobile recovering using google account. But what if you don’t have google account or you forgot your google password or you don’t have internet connection to use your google account. Don’t worry! Here is another method to unlock your mobile.
Note: Use this method if and only if you don’t have important files in your mobile phone memory because use of this method of unlocking you will erase all your mobile data permanently.
- In this method you have to open your mobile phone in recovery mode. There is no unique method to open your cell phone in recovery mode. Different handsets may have different method to open it in recovery mode.
- The most common method is Switch on your mobile by pressing (power button + home button + volume down) at same time. Many handsets may not have home button. So pressing power button and volume down button at same time will open your cell phone in recovery mode.
- If you can’t open your smart phone in recovery mode using above method you can easily search on google to find it.
- Once you open your android phone in recovery mode you will see different options. One of those will be Factory Reset. Choose factory reset (you can use Volume down button to scroll over options and volume down button to select that option). But make sure that you will lose all your data once you factory reset your mobile.
Method 3: AROMA File Manager Recovery:
This is advanced method of recovering your mobile without losing data. This recovery method will unlock forgotten pattern lock without factory reset. For this we will use world’s first android recovery based file manager which is known as AROMA file manager.
Follow these steps and unlock android mobile without formatting your data.
Note: All the information provided here is just for educational purpose. So we are not responsible for whatever happens with your mobile or data. Under our testing everything was fine. Hope it will be fine with you too.
- Download AROMA fle manager from here.
- Remove your SD card and copy this ZIP file into the root of your SD card. Root path means directly in the SD card not in any folder.
- Now open your phone in Recovery mode and choose Install ZIP from SD Card > Select ZIP from SD Card and select the aromafm.zip file.
- Select yes to install that file.
- A prompt window will appear on your screen to ask you whether you want alternative touch method.
- Tap no button; if it works AROMA file manager will get installed.
- Else select YES button using volume up button and use power or home button to select it.
In this way you will be able to use AROMA file manager with your phones built in recovery.
I hope you liked this article. If you have any doubts feel free to ask in comments. Like our facebook page for future updates. Have a nice day!